The conference date and hotel location in Orlando, FL will be announced in Summer 2020.
Conference attendees will learn industry trends, meet grantmakers, and network with fellow professionals at the 2021 Grant Conference. Presentations will be given by Government Agencies, Foundations, Grant Consultants, Resource Librarians, and Evaluators.
- Regisration fee inludes attendance at Conference Sessions and Coffee Breaks.
- Only AGWA Members may register to attend the 2021 Grant Conference.
- The registration fee will be announced in Summer 2020.
Who should attend?
Experienced grant Writers who work as staff at Nonprofit Organizations, Local Goverrnment Agencies, for For-Profit Busineses as well as independent Grant Writing Consultants. Please note that the conference is not suitable for persons who have not yet learned to write grants. Instead, we recemmend taking one of our Online Courses on Grant Writing (Link)
CGW Renewal Credits. Certified Grant Writers®can earn up to 15 CGW Renewal Credits by attending sessions. 1 credit is award for each session attended and documented.
Call for Presenters
Requesting proposals to present a 50-minute session at the 2021 Grant Conference.
Guidelines for 50-minute presentions:
- A 45-minute Powerpoint presentation is required. Please have all slides on one file, rahter than multiple files.
- A paper handout of presentation highlights must be distributed to all conference attendees at the beginning of session.
- If using an ice breaker at the beginning of session, please limit it to 3-minutes therefore allowing plenty of time for content
- Connecting to the internet during the presentation will be availalbe, however, please limit viewing web pages to 5 minutes.
- Content should be appropropriate for experienced grant writers. Ideal topics are preparing evaluation plans, winning grant project design, tips for competitive government grant applications, tips for researching ideal funders, etc.
Certified Grant Writer information for Presentations at 2021 Conference:
- Presenters earn 5 Renewal Credits for each 50-minute session presented if ...
- the CGW is a registered conference attendee,
- the CGW provides an electronic PowerPoint presentation on a USB drive to the Conference Emcee 5 minutes prior to the session,
- the CGW provides a paper handout on the topic to each session attendee, and
- the maximim length of ice-breaker (or fun acctivities) during the 50-minute session is limited to 3 minutes.
- May be repeated for a total of 10 Renewal Credits; 5 Renewal Credits maximum per conference.
If interested then send the following information to AGWA by e-mail at CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
Once your session topic is selected, then you will be notified and requested to provide the following:
- Your name with degrees and credentials
- Your e-mail address and phone number
- A description title of your presentation (this means the content hightlight of the presentation)
- A marketing title of your presentation
- A one paragraph summary of the content highlights of the content you want to present
- One paragraph summery of your job experience
- An electronic copy of your PowerPoint presentation
- A photo (business headshot) for our website
- A very short Bio (no more than 1-minute long) to be read by Emcee when introducing you at the conference
- Whether or not you will need to connect to the internet during the presentation
Details will be published in 2021.