The Grant Writing for Government Grants online course teaches the student the finer points of grant writing enabling a discretionary government project grant to be more competitive. Research grants and construction grants are outside the scope of this course.
This course (GWGG) is appropriate for staff at all of the following U.S. organizations:
- For Profit Businesses such as Hospitals, Engineering Firms,
- Local Government Agencies,
- Nonprofit Organizations,
- Native Tribes,
- Public and Private Schools-Universities-Colleges,
Online learning for the GWGG course is individual and self-paced. Students are assigned an instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of experience as an online instructor. The instructor will e-mail the student course materials and assignments one section at a time; there are a total of 4 sections. The student will need to complete assignments in one section before proceeding to the next section.
Students may purchase and begin the course at any time. The student will receive the first assignment on the next business day after the course is purchased. Although most students spend just 30 hours to complete the assignments, students have 90 days to finish. A 90-day extension is available for $100 if a student needs additional time. The extension may be purchased on the Markeplace page up to one year after the purchase of the online course. Students may purchase up to two 90-day extensions.
At the conclusion of the course, students are asked to submit a Course Evaluation. Students who complete all of the course assignments receive a Certificate of Course Completion documenting 30 contact hours.
- A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Experience in grant writing or budgeting is not required.
Computer and Software: Students will need a computer with any operating system and will need to use the following Software: Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Students will also need an e-mail address and internet access.
- Section 1: Grantsmanship, Researching US Government Project Grant Opportunities, and Application Package
- Section 2: Federal Regulations, Work Flow, Working Summary of the Notice, and Review Process
- Section 3: Preparing the Project Narrative (Program Development and Logic Model, Need Statement, Project Description, Goals and Objectives, Outcomes and Evaluation), Preparing the Abstract, and Attachments
- Section 4: Preparing the Non-Construction Budget Form, Budget Narrative, and Professional Ethics
Price: This Online Course regular price is $499.00 US per person. On Sale thru 7/19/2018 for $359.00 per person.
Add a Membership to your online course. Click here to add an Individual Membership or Business Membership.
Group Price: No group discount is available for this online course.
Why should I select AGWA to be my Online Course Provider? click
- If paying the regular or sale price by credit or debit card, you may purchase the GWGG online course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the student's name, mailing address, and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit or debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be forwarded. If placing an order for more than 1 student, then enter the additional students' names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, PO Box 3546, Winter Haven FL 33885. All checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please email your Purchase Order and Registration Form to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Students will be registered for the GWGG online course upon receipt of the Purchase Order.
- The first step is to Update your E-mail Contact List and Allow List with our domain @AmericanGrantWriters.org
- By the end of the next business day after the online purchase (or receipt of your purchase order or check) the student will receive an e-mail from the Online Instructor with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Grant Writing for Government Grants" online course.
Before you make your purchase:
Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
If a prospective student, or current student, has questions about registration, course materials, or technical support please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
If your company is seeking training funds, you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not offer scholarships.