Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
In-Person 3-day Workshop
This 3-day workshop is a boot camp to learn about researching grant opportunities, preparing a proposal and Letter of Inquiry (LOI), as well as how to prepare budgets for Foundation and Corporate Grants for project/program support. This course does not include research grants, capital grants, or construction grants.
This course is appropriate for staff, board members, and volunteers at charitable 501c3 Nonprofits Organizations and Private Educational Institutions.
Students will receive all course materials upon arrival in the meeting room.
Workshop students will learn to research grant opportunities for nonprofit organizations. They will learn to design programs and write a competitive proposal and Letter of Inquiry based on case studies. Students will practice writing objectives, outcomes, and proposal sections using Case Studies. Students will also practice preparing the Annual Program Budget.
The GWNP 3-day Workshop
- Workshop Begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM each day
- There will be a one hour break each day for lunch on your own
- Coffee breaks will be provided each day
- There will be evening homework assignments on day one and day two
- Dress will be business casual
Section 1: Researching Opportunities: Grant Opportunities from U.S. Foundations and Corporations
Section 2: Proposal Writing; Approaching Prospective Funders; Preparing the Proposal
Section 3: Proposal Writing: Preparing the Proposal (continued)
Section 4: Proposal Writing: Writing the Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Section 5: Budgeting: Annual Organization Budget and Annual Program Budget
Price: The workshop price is $499.00 US per person On sale for $399.00 US per person until 4/26/2019
Space is limited so we recommend you register early. Only 7 seats are left !!!
Group Price: No group price is available.
Add a Membership. Click here to add an Individual Membership or Business Membership.
Why should I select AGWA to be my Course Provider? click
- The last day to register for the workshop is Tue May 21, 2019 (as long as seats are available)
- If paying by credit or debit card, you may purchase this course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right-hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form please enter the student's name, mailing address and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit or debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be sent. If making an online purchase for more than 1 student, please enter the additional names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form. Note that credit cards must be from a U.S. bank.
- This course may only be purchased online. Other forms of payment will not be accepted.
If the student has not received this e-mail by the end of the next business day after purchase, then please contact AGWA Customer Service at CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
- The First Step is to Update your Email's Contact List, Safe List, and Allow List with our email: CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
- On the next business day after receipt of your order (by credit card, check, or purchase order) the student will receive an e-mail with the workshop confirmation
Bring to the workshop:
No prior grant researching, grant writing, or budgeting experience is required for this course.
- Students will need a laptop computer with any operating system that has a working USB drive and installed (not cloud) software: Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader
- Handheld calculator
- Pen, pencil with eraser
Certificate of Completion:
Students who complete all of the assignments and the course evaluation on-site during the workshop will be sent a Certificate of Completion documenting 25 contact hours..
Before you make your purchase:
Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Prospective students, or current students, with questions about registration, course content or materials, or technical support may contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
If your company is seeking training funds you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not provide scholarships.