Workshop in Clearwater Beach, FL in January 2013
Workshop in Cincinnati, OH in October 2012
PDPW Workshop in New Orleans, LA in July 2012
Workshop in Chicago, IL in April 2012
Workshop in Orlando, FL in January 2012
Workshop in San Antonio, TX in November 2011.
Workshop in Raleigh, NC in Sep 2011
Workshop Native Learning Center in Hollywood, FL in August 2011
Workshop in St Louis, MO in July 2011
Workshop in Philadelphia, PA in May 2011
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop
for Foundation, Corporate, and Government Grants
AGWA offers the 4-day Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop. This intermediate level course teaches the student the finer points of grant writing, enabling a proposal or application to be more competitive. This workshop is a hands-on experience where each participant develops a program, practices pre-writing exercises, writes sections of a proposal, and reviews peer's writing and budget exercises. The emphasis is on program support, program development support, capital support, and operating grants. Research grants and construction grants are mentioned, but not discussed in depth. The course is taught from the employee's perspective who works for the grant applicant. A Certificate of Completion is available to students who complete all of the assignments during the workshop. This workshop is appropriate for:
- Anyone interested in earning the Certified Grant Writer® Credential
- Staff at Charitable Nonprofit Organizations or Foundations
- Board Members at Charitable Nonprofit Organizations
- Staff at Private Educational Institutions
- Staff at Nonprofit Hospitals or Hospital Foundations
- Staff at Government Agencies, Tribes, or State Educational Institutions that have a related Nonprofit Organization or Foundation that supports the government entity
The following topics are covered during the workshop:
- Grantsmanship and the Development Office
- Nonprofit Organizations - Exempt status and Charitable status
- Standards of Charitable Accountability
- Understanding a Foundation's 990 PF
- Program Development using a Logic Model
- Evaluating Foundation RFPs and Government NOFAs
- Researching Statistics to document the Problem Statement
- Writing goals, objectives, outcomes and a program narrative
- Planning Program Evaluations
- Writing Letters of Inquiry, Proposals, and Applications for Foundations and Corporations
- Writing Government Grant pre-applications and applications
- Planning Non-Profit and Government Non-Construction Budgets
- Professional Standards and Ethics
A one-year Individual Membership in American Grant Writers' Association is included with the purchase of the workshop. Current members who purchase this workshop will receive one additional year added to his/her current membership.
The workshop begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM each day. A morning and afternoon break are provided each day, but lunch is on your own. Dress is casual.
Bring with You. We recommend participants bring a laptop computer with any operating system (with a working USB Port and Word, Excel and Adobe Reader software) for writing exercises. Participants will also need a handheld calculator for budget exercises. A printer will be provided in the meeting room. We also recommend bringing a sweater or jacket because meeting rooms often feel chilly. Some students like to bring a pillow for the meeting room chair. Please do not bring an RFP, Notice, or Grant Opportunity Guidelines to work on during the workshop.
Recommended Reading. The writing reference is the APA Manual of Style. Some writers prefer to use the Concise Rules of APA Style or the APA Style Workbook. All are available from American Psychological Association's online store www.apastyle.org
Prerequisites: A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required. A strong math aptitude is recommended (Algebra I). Experience in grant writing or budgeting is not required.
Price: The Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop regular price is $899.00 per person. On Sale for $699.00 per person until Aug 24, 2015!
Groups of 3 or more registering together as a group are entitled to a $100 per person discount. Please note that when a group registers to attend together, each person will be expected to work independently to design his/her own program and develop the grant proposal. Group projects are not appropriate for this workshop.
Workshop Confirmation. On the business day following receipt of your purchase, AGWA will send the workshop participant(s) by e-mail a workshop confirmation and a Welcome E-mail providing a Members Only login password.
- If paying by credit/debit card, you may purchase the workshop online. On the Order Form in the "Ship To" section please enter the workshop participant's name, mailing address, and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form please enter the information of the credit/debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be sent. If making an online purchase for a group of students, please enter the addtional names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, PO Box 8481, Seminole FL 33775. We encourage the student to send a copy of the Registration Form to AGWA by fax or e-mail and let us know that your payment will be arriving by check.
- If your organization requires an invoice from AGWA, then please fax your Purchase Order and Registration Form to 727-596-5192 or e-mail them to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Workshop participants will be registered upon receipt of the purchase order.
Upgrading to the Certified Grant Writer®Exam: For students who would like to sit for the Certified Grant Writer® Examination at a later date, we offer an upgrade (currently $400.00) that includes the Certified Grant Writer® Review Course as well as the Certified Grant Writer® Examination. When you are ready to upgrade, just visit our "Marketplace" page, then page down to "Upgrade from PDPW" and click on "Add to Cart". You will also need to e-mail AGWA to let us know which location/date you want to attend the Review and Exam.
CEU Certificate. As an IACET Approved Provider, AGWA offers students a CEU Certificate to document 30 contact hours at the workshop for 3.0 CEUs. Students must purchase the CEU Certificate prior to the beginning of the workshop. To earn the CEU Certificate students must attend the entire workshop and complete all assignments.
Persons with disabilities: Persons may request accommodations up to 2 weeks prior to the first day of the workshop. Requests must be in writing by e-mail or mail.
Questions. If a student, or prospective student, has any questions regarding registration, course materials, or technical support, please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
Training Funds. If your company is seeking training funds you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers that reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not offer scholarships for students to attend this workshop.
Starting your Grant Consulting Business Workshop. This workshop is offered on Wednesday evening from 6-8 PM in select cities. If you are registered in the 4-day Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop, you may upgrade your registration to include this workshop package for just $49.00 (a $249 value). The $49 sale price is available for a limited time. Click below for more details or to purchase.
Workshop Dates and Locations
Sep 14-17, 2015 in New Orleans, LA
Location: Astor Crowne Plaza French Quarter
- The last day to register with AGWA for the workshop is 8/31/2015, as long as seats are still available
- Hotel Address: 739 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Hotel Phone: 504-962-0500
- A block of hotel rooms has been reserved for our group at the rate of $125 per night + plus taxes for Sunday through Wednesday nights. To make your hotel reservations, call 888-696-4806 or 800-2CROWNE and ask for the AGWA group rate. Make your hotel reservations as early as possible because the group rate will only be available until 8/13/15, as long as space is still available. The hotel has a penalty for early check-out.
- If you fly into the New Orleans Airport, transportation to the hotel is available outside the baggage claim area. Transfers to the hotel are provided by taxi, shared van shuttle, or limousine.
- If you are driving to the hotel there is a fee for parking.
Feb 22-25, 2016 in Orlando, FL
Location: Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites International Drive
- Registration is open until Feb 8, 2016.
- Hotel Address: 6500 International Drive, Orlando FL 32819
- Hotel Phone: 407-345-5340
- A block of hotel rooms have been reserved for American Grant Writers' Association at the group rate of $89.00 per night plus taxes for Sunday through Wednesday nights.. The group rate will be available until 1/22/2016 or as long as space is available. To make your hotel reservations please call 407-345-5340 and ask Chris Olivero or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to make your hotel reservations as early as possible.
- If you are flying into the Orlando Airport, transportation to the hotel is available by taxi, limo, or shared van outside of the baggage claim area.
- If you are driving to the hotel self-parking is complimentary.
May 16-19, 2016 in Chicago, IL
Location: Crowne Plaza Northbrook in Chicago, IL
- Workshop registration is available until May 2, 2016, as long as workshop seats are available
- Hotel Address: 2875 N Milwaukee Ave, Northbrook, IL 60062
- Phone: 847-298-2525
- Hotel rooms have been reserved for American Grant Writers' Association at the group rate of $109 per night plus tax for Sunday through Wednesday nights. Make your hotel reservations as this group rate is only available until April 24, 2016 or as long as space is available. To make your hotel reservtions call 847-493-6929 or e-mail at email@example.com and use group code AGW.
- If you are flying into Chicago, transportation to the hotel is available outside the baggage claim area by taxi or shared van. Transfer to the hotel by 101 Express Limo Company is about $45 one-way from O'Hare Airport and about $65 one-way from Midway Airport by shared van. Please note that the hotel is closer to O'Hare Airport than Midway Airport.
- If you are driving to the hotel, parking is complimentary.
Workshop Dates and Locations
New Orleans, LA
Sep 14-17, 2015
Astor Crowne Plaza French Quarter
Feb 22-25, 2016
Ramada Plaza International Drive
May 16-19, 2016
Crowne Plaza Northbrook
New Orleans Registration
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop in New Orleans, LA on 9/14-17/2015
A CEU Certificate may be added to any online course, webinar, workshop, conference, or pre-conference registration. The purchase must be made prior to the beginning of the course, webinar, workshop, or conference.
Group Registration 3 or more
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop - Group Rate
Workshop in New Orleans, LA in March 2011
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop in Orlando, FL on Feb 22-25, 2016
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop in Chicago, IL on May 16-19, 2016
Workshop in Chicago IL in June 2014
Workshop in San Diego, CA in Jan 2011
Workshop in Clearwater Beach, FL in Oct 2010
"A wonderful workshop filled with uncomprimised knowledge. And the networking is an added benefit from attending the workshop"
Workshop in Chicago, IL in July 2010
Workshop in New Orleans, LA in March 2010
"Highly informative. I learned so much from this workshop. It greatly expanded my knowledge. Five stars!"