Workshop in Clearwater Beach, FL in January 2013
Workshop in Cincinnati, OH in October 2012
PDPW Workshop in New Orleans, LA in July 2012
Workshop in Chicago, IL in April 2012
Workshop in Orlando, FL in January 2012
Workshop in San Antonio, TX in November 2011.
Workshop in Raleigh, NC in Sep 2011
Workshop Native Learning Center in Hollywood, FL in August 2011
Workshop in St Louis, MO in July 2011
Workshop in Philadelphia, PA in May 2011
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop
for Foundation, Corporate, and Government Grants
AGWA offers the 4-day Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop. This intermediate level course teaches the student the finer points of grant writing, enabling a proposal or application to be more competitive. This workshop is a hands-on experience where each participant develops a program, practices pre-writing exercises, writes sections of a proposal, and reviews peer's writing and budget exercises. The emphasis is on program support, program development support, capital support, and operating grants. Research grants, construction grants, and awarding of scholarships are outside the scope of this course. The course is taught from the employee's perspective who works for the grant applicant. A Certificate of Completion is available to students who complete all of the assignments during the workshop. This workshop is appropriate for:
- Anyone interested in earning the Certified Grant Writer® Credential
- Staff at Charitable Nonprofit Organizations or Foundations
- Board Members at Charitable Nonprofit Organizations
- Staff at Private Educational Institutions
- Staff at Nonprofit Hospitals or Hospital Foundations
- Staff at Government Agencies, Tribes, or State Educational Institutions that have a related Nonprofit Organization or Foundation that supports the government entity
The following topics are covered during the workshop:
- Grantsmanship and the Development Office
- Nonprofit Organizations - Exempt status and Charitable status
- Standards of Charitable Accountability
- Understanding a Foundation's 990 PF
- Program Development using a Logic Model
- Evaluating Foundation RFPs and Government NOFAs
- Researching Statistics to document the Problem Statement
- Writing goals, objectives, outcomes and a program narrative
- Planning Program Evaluations
- Writing Letters of Inquiry, Proposals, and Applications for Foundations and Corporations
- Writing Government Grant pre-applications and applications
- Planning Non-Profit and Government Non-Construction Budgets
- Professional Standards and Ethics
A one-year Individual Membership in American Grant Writers' Association is included with the purchase of the workshop. Current members who purchase this workshop will receive one additional year added to his/her current membership.
The workshop begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM each day. A morning and afternoon break are provided each day, but lunch is on your own. Dress is casual.
Bring with You. We recommend participants bring a laptop computer with any operating system (with a working USB Port and Word, Excel and Adobe Reader software) for writing exercises. Participants will also need a handheld calculator for budget exercises. A printer will be provided in the meeting room. We also recommend bringing a sweater or jacket because meeting rooms often feel chilly. Some students like to bring a pillow for the meeting room chair. Please do not bring an RFP, Notice, or Grant Opportunity Guidelines to work on during the workshop.
Recommended Reading. The writing reference is the APA Manual of Style. Some writers prefer to use the Concise Rules of APA Style or the APA Style Workbook. All are available from American Psychological Association's online store www.apastyle.org
Prerequisites: A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required. A strong math aptitude is recommended (Algebra I). Experience in grant writing or budgeting is not required.
Price: The Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop regular price is $899.00 per person On Sale for just $699.00 per person through 9/26/16
No group discount is available at this time. Please note that when a group registers to attend together, each person will be expected to work independently to design his/her own program and develop the grant proposal. Group projects are not appropriate for this workshop.
Workshop Confirmation. On the business day following receipt of your purchase, AGWA will send the workshop participant(s) by e-mail a workshop confirmation and a Welcome E-mail providing a Members Only login password.
- To purchase at the regular price or sale price online by credit/debit card, click on "add to cart" on this page. On the Order Form in the "Ship To" section please enter the workshop participant's name, mailing address, and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form please enter the information of the credit/debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be sent. If making an online purchase for a group of students, please enter the additional names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, 13801 Walsingham Rd A-410, Largo FL 33776. We encourage the student to send a copy of the Registration Form to AGWA by fax or e-mail and let us know that your payment will be arriving by check.
- If your organization requires an invoice from AGWA, then please fax your Purchase Order and Registration Form to 813-641-0851 or e-mail them to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Workshop participants will be registered upon receipt of the purchase order.
Upgrading to the Certified Grant Writer® Exam: For students who would like to sit for the Certified Grant Writer® Examination at a later date, we offer an upgrade that includes the Certified Grant Writer® Review Course as well as the Certified Grant Writer® Examination. When you are ready to upgrade, just visit our "Marketplace" page, then page down to "Upgrade from PDPW to 6-day CGW Review and Exam" and click on "Add to Cart". You will also need to e-mail AGWA to let us know which location/date you want to attend the Review and Exam.
Rather than making your purchases separately, you will have a savings if you purchase the Certified Grant Writer®Workshop Series (that is currently on sale for $899.00. Click Here for information.
CEU Certificate. As an IACET Approved Provider, AGWA offers students a CEU Certificate to document 30 contact hours at the workshop for 3.0 CEUs. Students must purchase the CEU Certificate prior to the beginning of the workshop. To earn the CEU Certificate students must attend the entire workshop and complete all assignments.
Persons with disabilities: Persons may request specific accommodations up to 2 weeks prior to the first day of the workshop. Requests must be in writing by e-mail or mail.
Questions. If a student, or prospective student, has any questions regarding registration, course materials, or technical support, please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
Training Funds. If your company is seeking training funds you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers that reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not offer scholarships for students to attend this workshop.
Starting your Grant Consulting Business Workshop. This workshop is offered on Wednesday evening from 6-8 PM in select cities. If you are registered in the 4-day Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop, you may upgrade your registration to include this workshop package for just $49.00 (a $249 value). The $49 sale price is available for a limited time. Click below for more details or to purchase.
Workshop Dates and Locations
Nov 14-17, 2016 in Atlanta, GA
Location: Crown Plaza Atlanta Airport
- Workshop registration will be available until Monday, Oct 31, 2016, if seats are still available.
- Hotel Address: 1325 Virginia Ave, Atlanta GA 30344
- Phone: 404-768-6660
- Hotel rooms have been reserved for American Grant Writers' Association at the group rate of $115 per night plus tax. Make your hotel reservations as early as possible as this group rate is only available until Oct 23, 2016, if space is still available. To make your hotel reservations call 888-233-9527 and ask for the group rate for American Grant Writers group.
- If you are flying into Atlanta Airport, transportation to the hotel is available outside the baggage claim area by complimetanary hotel shuttle.
- If you are driving to the hotel, self-parking is $8.00 for our group per vehicle per day. Valet parking is $15.00 per vehicle per day.
Feb 13-16, 2017 in Orlando, FL
Location: Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista
- Registration for the workshop is available until Monday, January 30, 2017 as long as seats are still available.
- Hotel Address: 13551 State Rd 535, Orlando FL 32821
- Hotel Phone: 407--239-4500
- A block of hotel rooms has been reserved for American Grant Writers at the group rate of $119.00 + $16.95 resort fee = 135.95 + taxes per night.for single or double occupancy.
- The group rate will be available until Sunday, Jan 22, 2017, as long as group space is available. To make your hotel reservations please call the hotel directly at 866-808-8833 and ask for the American Grant Writers group rate. Cancellation of a hotel reservation must be made at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation fee.
- If you are flying to Orlando, then transportation to the hotel is available by taxi, limo, or shared van outside of the baggage claim area. Super Shuttle provides shared van transportation from the airport to the hotel for a fee.
- If you are driving to the hotel parking for meeting only guests is complimentary.
June 19-22, 2017 in Cincinnati / Northern KY
Location: Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
- Workshop registration available through June 5, 2017 as long as seats are available.
- Hotel Address: 1717 Airport Exchange Blvd, Erlanger KY 41018
- Phone: 859-746-5608
- Hotel rooms have been reserved for American Grant Writers' Association at the group rate of $95.00 + taxes per night. The group rate is only available until May 28, 2017, as long as space is available. To make your hotel reservations please call 888-294-6057 and ask for the American Grant Writers group rate.
- If you are flying into the Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky Airport, transportation to the hotel is available outside the baggage claim area by complimentary hotel shuttle.
- If you are driving to the hotel, parking is complimentary.
Workshop Dates and Locations
Nov 14-17, 2016
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
Feb 13-16, 2017
Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista
Cincinnati, OH / Northern KY
Jun 19-22, 2017
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop in Atlanta, GA on 11/14-17/2016
A CEU Certificate may be added to any online course, webinar, workshop, conference, or pre-conference registration. The purchase must be made prior to the beginning of the course, webinar, workshop, or conference.
Program Development and Proposal Writing Workshop in Cincinnati / Northern KY on June 19-22, 2017
Workshop in New Orleans, LA in March 2011
Workshop in Chicago IL in June 2014
Workshop in San Diego, CA in Jan 2011
Workshop in Clearwater Beach, FL in Oct 2010
"A wonderful workshop filled with uncomprimised knowledge. And the networking is an added benefit from attending the workshop"
Workshop in Chicago, IL in July 2010
Workshop in New Orleans, LA in March 2010
"Highly informative. I learned so much from this workshop. It greatly expanded my knowledge. Five stars!"