Certified Grant Writer® Candidates in Orlando, FL in Februrary 2015
Certified Grant Writer® Candidates in Las Vegas, NV in April 2015
Certified Grant Writer® Series
The Certified Grant Writer® Series includes the following components:
- Program Development and Proposal Writing (PDPW) Online Course
- Certified Grant Writer® Review Course (1 day in-person workshop in a group setting)
- Certified Grant Writer® Examination (1 day in-person exam in a group setting)
- Annual Individual Membership in American Grant Writers' Association sm
The CGW series is appropriate for staff from nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, health organizations, government agencies, for profit business, and native tribes seeking to write competitive grant applications and proposals for Foundation Grants, Corporate Grants, and Government Grants. No previous experience in grant writing or grant budgeting is required.
Price for CGW Series: $1,299 US per person
- Now ON SALE for $ 899.00 per person thru 11/28/2019 when purchased online by credit/debit car
- Price when mailing a paper check is $999.00 when postmarked by 11/28/19
CGW Series details:
- First, students take the PDPW online course.
- Once all of the online assignments are complete, then student selects the location to attend the 2-day CGW Review and Exam. The selection request must be submitted at least two weeks prior.
- Then, the student travels to the location for the 2-day CGW Review and Exam.
- Exam results are mailed to students 3-4 weeks after the CGW Exam.
Program Development and Proposal Writing (PDPW) Online Course
- This course teaches students the finer points of grant writing enabling proposals and applications to be more competitive. Students will design a program/project, practice pre-writing exercises, learn how to research grant opportunities, gather statistics and write the Problem Statement, Project Narrative, Letter of Inquiry, and prepare budgets for Foundation Grants and Non-Construction Project Grants. The emphasis is on program / project support and general operating grants. Construction grants, research grants, scholarships and fellowships are outside the scope of this course.. (If interested in Research Grants then click here)
- This online course is individual study and self-paced.
- Students receive Course Materials and Assignments as an e-mail attachment from the online instructor.
- Most students spend at least 50 hours over 4-6 weeks to complete the 8 course assignments.
- The writing assignments may need to be rewritten to meet the "competency-based standard".
- Budget assignments may need to be resubmitted until the budget is correct.
- So, if a student needs to resubmit writing assignments and budget assignments multiple times, then the student will spend more than 6 weeks to complete the assignments.
- Therefore, we strongly recommend students begin working on assignments shortly after purchasing the CGW Series.
- Students have 90 days to complete all of the online assignments. The 90 days begins on the date of purchase. A 90-day extension is available by online purchase only for $100 when students need additional time (for any and all reasons). An extension may be purchased up to one year after the original purchase on the Marketplace page. A student may purchase two extensions, if needed.
- Students receive course materials and assignments one section at a time. Assignments must be completed in one section before proceeding to the next section. One section must be completed before the student will receive the next section's course materials and assignments.
- For the online course, the student will need a computer (with any operating system) that has internet access. Software needed is MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader.
- Student's E-mail Account:
- Students may use any e-mail provider (except Hotmail.com)
- Note that the student's e-mail account must be capable of accepting 8mg attachments
- Student's should update the "Allow" feature so that e-mail from *@AmericanGrantWriters.org will arrive in the INBOX.
- Students must use a computer, not a phone, for student assignments.
- Online Course Syllabus:
- Section 1: Grantseeking and Exempt Organizations
- Section 2: Program Development, Researching Grant Opportunities from U.S. Grantmakers, and Online Resources for Grantseekers
- Section 3: Proposal Writing for Foundation and Corporate Grants (2 assignments)
- Section 4: Preparing Government Grant Applications for Non-Construction Projects
- Section 5: Professional Standards and Code of Ethics
- Section 6:
- Part I: Preparing the Budget for a Foundation Grant and Budget Narrative
- Part II: Preparing the Federal Non-Construction Budget for a Project Grant and Budget Narrative
Certified Grant Writer® Review Course
This course is only available as a one-day workshop. It is not available online. Course materials are distributed upon arrival at the meeting room for the CGW Review Course. The course begins at 8:00 AM and concludes at 5:00 PM with a one-hour break for lunch on your own. Breaks are provided, but meals are not provided. Dress is business casual. A laptop computer is not needed for the Review Course. For the CGW Review Course students should provide:
- Pencils with erasers
- Handheld calculator with no text capability, no formula saving capability, no printing capability (phones do not meet this standard)
- Sweater or jacket because meeting rooms often feel chilly.
Certified Grant Writer® Exam
The Certified Grant Writer® Exam is administered in person in a group setting. The exam is NOT available online. The exam is administered by a proctor who holds the Certified Grant Writer® credential. The exam is administered from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM. Students should make travel arrangements so that they plan to depart the hotel no earlier than 4:30 PM when the last section of the CGW exam concludes. We recommend scheduling airline flights after 7:30 PM, or on the day following the exam. Students are required to provide the following for the CGW Exam:
- Laptop computer with a working (enabled) USB port and installed Microsoft Word software for the Writing Sample Section,
- Handheld calculator with no text capability, no formula capability, and no printing capability. (phones do not meet this standard)
- Pencils with erasers
- State Issued Photo ID (such as a driver's license) or Passport as proof of identify and minimum age.
Course Materials for CGW Series
Requirements for CGW Exam:
- All of the online course materials are provided by e-mail from the online instructor.
- The course materials for the CGW Review Course are available upon arrival in the meeting room.
- The minimum age to sit for the CGW Exam is 21 years old by the date of the exam.
- Proof of identity and minimum age must be shown to the proctor prior to sitting for the exam.
- Completion of the Program Development and Proposal Writing online course is required to register for a location/date to sit for the CGW Exam
- Strong math skills (Algebra I) are required for the Budget Section
- Only current members of American Grant Writers' Association may sit for the Certified Grant Writer® exam.
- Participants must comply with the Guidelines for Review and Exam while attending the CGW Review Course and taking the Certified Grant Writer® Exam.
- A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended.
- A strong command of written and verbal English is strongly recommended.
- A working knowledge of (APA Style) grammar, punctuation, and references are recommended.
- A working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader are recommended
Group Price: No group discount is available for the CGW Series.
Why should I select American Grant Writers to be my certification provider? click
There are 2 options to purchase the CGW Series:
To Purchase the CGW Series:
- To purchase online at the sale price by credit/debit card, click on "add to cart" on this page. Credit Cards from U.S. or Canadian banks will be accepted. Please use a secure internet connection.
- In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the student's name, mailing address, and e-mail.
- If placing an order for more than 1 student, enter the additional student's names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form
- In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit/debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation will be sent.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, PO Box 3546, Winter Haven FL 33885.
- Students will be registered as soon as the registration form and payment are received. The check must be drawn on a U.S. bank
- If your company requires an invoice to generate a check, then click here for the CGW Series Invoice. Then prepare the check and mail to AGWA along with the registration form.
- If your company needs to issue a purchase order and then needs an invoice, then click here for the CGW Series Invoice. Then prepare the check and mail to AGWA along with the registration form. The check must be drawn on a U.S. bank. The student will be registered and begin the course once the check and registration form are received.
After your Purchase of the CGW Series:
How to Purchase a 90-day Extension for the PDPW Online Course.
- The first step is to update your e-mail account by adding AGWA's domain @AmericanGrantWriters.org to your Contact List, and Safe List, and Allow List so that you will be able to receive correspondence in your Inbox. Be certain that the e-mail address you provided in the "ship to" section of the order form has the capacity of accepting e-mails with 8 mg attachments.
- On the next business day after purchase of your online order the student will receive an e-mail from the Online Instructor with attachments: Section 1 Course Materials and Section 1 Assignments for the online course
- If the student has not received this e-mail by the end of the business day after purchase, then please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resend our e-mail correspondence.
Passing the Certified Grant Writer® Exam
A score of 80% is required to pass each section, except a score of 90% is required to pass the Professional Standards and Code of Ethics Section. Students receive his/her grades and Certified Grant Writer Credential by mail within four weeks after the exam. Purchase of the CGW Series entitles the student to sit for the Certified Grant Writer® Exam three times in an attempt to pass all 5 sections of the exam.
- Visit the "Marketplace" page then click on the "90-day extension for an online course" Proceed with your credit card payment.
- The second sitting for students who failed one or more sections. To schedule the second sitting the member should send an e-mail to AGWA requesting a second sitting for a specific date/location. There is no sitting fee, however the student's membership must be active on the exam date. S/he needs to retest only in the sections that s/he did not receive a passing score during the first sitting. A private sitting for the CGW exam is not available. The second sitting must occur no more than 2 years after the first sitting. Registration closes 2 weeks prior to each exam date. Requests for specific disability accommodations must be provided to AGWA in writing at least 2 weeks prior.
- The third sitting is the final attempt to earn the Certified Grant Writer® credential. To sit for the CGW Exam a third time, the member should to send an email to AGWA requesting a specific date/location. The membership must be active at the time of the Exam. There is no sitting fee, however the membership must be active on the date of the exam. The third sitting must occur no more than 1 year after the second sitting. Registration closes 2 weels prior to each CGW Review Course date.
Rescheduling the CGW Review and Exam Date / Location
- A student is eligible to reschedule the date/location of the CGW Review and Exam a maximum of two times.
- To reschedule the CGW Review Course and Exam, please send written notice by e-mail at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the CGW Review Course. If written notice is received 2 weeks prior to the CGW Review Course date, then the rescheduling will be free. If written notice is received less than 2 weeks prior to the CGW Review Course date, then there will be a $195.00 rescheduling fee. The Rescheduling Fee may be purchased on the "Marketplace" page.
- If a student is a "No-Show" at the CGW Review Course and Exam, having provided no prior written cancellation/rescheduling notification to the association, and wants to reschedule to a future date/location, then there will be a $295.00 No Show Rescheduling Fee payable online on the Marketplace page.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Prior to making your purchase we recommend you read our web pages: Refund and Rescheduling, Professional Standards and Ethics, and Debit/Credit Card Purchases.
Persons with Disabilities
Disabled persons may request accommodations. Requests should be in writing (mail or e-mail) and need to be received two weeks prior to the first day of a workshop or course.
- If a prospective student has questions on scheduling, technical support, registration, or the exam please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail..
- If a current student has questions about an online assignment or course material, then e-mail the assigned online instructor.
- Once the PDPW online course is complete, then e-mail email@example.com to let us know where you want to attend the CGW Review and Exam.
The Certfied Grant Writer Series® is copyrighted by American Grant Writers' Association, Inc. All rights reserved.
If your company is seeking training funds, you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not provide scholarships for the CGW Online Series.
Dates and Locations
Students must complete all of the PDPW online assignments
before requesting the location/date for the CGW Review and Exam.
Send an e-mail to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
to request the location/date.
CGW Review and Exam Registration
closes two weeks prior.
March 19-20, 2020 in Dallas, TX
Location: Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Registration for the CGW Series in Dallas, TX is available until March 5, 2020. Just contact customer service at AGWA for a confirmation to attend once all of the online assignments are complete.
- Hotel Address: 7050 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas TX 75247
- Hotel Phone: 214-630-8500
- Sleeping Accommodations: A block of rooms has been reserved for our group at the rate of $119.00 per night plus taxes. That last day to make hotel reservations at the group rate is 3/4/2020. To make reservations call the hotel and ask for the American Grant Writers group rate.
- Transportation from Airport to Hotel
- If you are flying into Dallas Love Field, then the hotel provides complimentary transportation to the hotel. Board the hotel shuttle outside of the baggage claim area.
- If you are flying into Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, then you may purchase a taxi or shared shuttle van.
- If you are driving to the hotel comolimentary self-parking is available.
September 10-11, 2020 in Orlando, FL
Location: Crowne Plaza Universal Drive
- The last day to register to attend will be Aug 26th. The PDPW online assigments must be complete to register.
- Hotel Address: 7800 Universal Blvd, Orlando FL 32819
- Hotel Front Desk: 407-355-0550
- If you plan to stay at the Crowne Plaza, a block of rooms have been reserved for our group at $ 139.00 + tax per night.
- The group rate will be be available until _____.
- To make your hotel room reservation call the hotel and ask for the American Grant Writers rate or use this link: xx
- If you are flying into the Orlando Airport, you may purchase transportation by taxi or shared shuttle van outside of the baggage claim area.
- If you are driving to the hotel the self-parking is available for a daily fee.of about $16.00 per day. Valet parking is also available.
- If you are an IHG Reward Member Spire level then self-parking is complimentaary.
- There is a stop in front of the hotel for the I-Drive Trolley. Learn More
- If you are extending your stay, the hotel offers transportation to Universal, Sea World, and Disney. Visit the hotel concierge desk.
Mar 19, 2020 CGW Review
Mar 20 2020 CGW Exam
Last day for student to complete
PDPW online assignments
and request this location is 3/5/2020
Sep 10, 2020 CGW Review
Sep 11, 2020 CGW Exam
Last day for student to complete \
online assignments and request
this location is 8/26/2020.
for location details
or to purchase online
the CGW Series.