On Sale thru March 24th
The Grant Writing for Government Grants online course teaches the student the finer points of grant writing enabling a discretionary government project grant to be more competitive. Research grants and construction grants are outside the scope of this course. Note that the course materials in the Grant Writing for Government Grants online course are a subset of the more comprehensive course "Program Development and Proposal Writing which covers not only Government Grants, but also Foundation and Corporation Grants.
This course is appropriate for staff at all organizations:
- For Profit Businesses such as Hospitals, Engineering Firms,
- Local Government Agencies,
- Nonprofit Organizations,
- Native Tribes,
- Public and Private Schools-Universities-Colleges,
Online learning is individual and self-paced. Students are assigned an instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of experience as an instructor. The instructor will e-mail the student course materials and assignments one section at a time; there are a total of 4 sections. The student will need to complete assignments in one section before proceeding to the next section.
Students may purchase and begin the course at any time. Students have 90 days from the date of purchase to complete assignments, but many students spend 30 hours to complete the assignments. A 90-day extension is available for $100 if a student needs additional time. The extension may be purchased up to one year after the purchase of the online course.
At the conclusion of the course, students are asked to submit a Course Evaluation. Students who complete all of the course assignments receive a Certificate of Completion.
Prerequisites: A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required. Experience in grant writing or budgeting is not required.
Students will need a computer with any operating system and will need to use the following Software: Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Students will also need an e-mail address and internet access.
Topics: The following topics are covered during the online course:
- Section 1: Grantsmanship, Researching Government Grant Opportunities, and Application Package
- Section 2: Federal Regulations, Work Flow, Working Summary of NOFA, and Review Process
- Section 3: Preparing the Narrative (Program Development and Logic Model, Need Statement, Project Description, Goals and Objectives, Outcomes and Evaluation), Preparing the Abstract, and Attachments
- Section 4: Preparing the Non-Construction Budget Form, Budget Narrative, and Professional Ethics
Membership: An annual Individual Membership in AGWA is included with the online course. Current members who purchase this course will have one year added to his/her current membership.
Price: This Online Course regular price is $399 per person. On sale for just $299.00 persson thru 3/24/17.
Group Price: No group discount is available for this online course.
- If paying the regular or sale price by credit or debit card, you may purchase the GWGG online course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the student's name, mailing address, and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit or debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be forwarded. If placing an order for more than 1 student, then enter the additional students' names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, 13801 Walsingham Rd A-410, Largo FL 33774.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please fax your Purchase Order and Registration Form to 727-240-0637 or e-mail them to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Students will be registered for the GWGG online course upon receipt of the Purchase Order.
On the next business day after receipt of your online order, purchase order, or check the student will receive by e-mail:
- A Welcome E-mail from AGWA Member Services with a Members Only Login password
- An e-mail from the Online Instructor with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Grant Writing for Government Grants" online course.
As an IACET Approved Provider, AGWA offers CEUs. The student must purchase the CEU Certificate prior to turning the first assignment into the instructor. All assignments must be completed to earn 3.0 CEUs for this online course documenting 30 contact hours.
Before you make your purchase:
Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
If a prospective student, or current student, has questions about registration, course materials, or technical support please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
If your company is seeking training funds, you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not offer scholarships.