The Grant Writer will work with The Rose in the fund development department to produce proposals, reports and other written materials that bring in new and renewal funding for our work from government agencies, corporations, and private foundations. The Grant Writer will report directly to the Grants & Compliance Manager and work in close collaboration with other members of the Development team and the CEO. The ideal candidate must have proven experience writing proposals for government agencies, private and corporate foundations. The ideal candidate must also have excellent judgment, flexibility in responding to changing priorities, be team oriented and function well under pressure.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with multiple project teams simultaneously to conceptualize and transform ideas into compelling proposals that meet funder requirements of private and public sources.
- Provide both substantive editorial support and excellent copy editing as needed for proposals, reports and other materials developed and drafted by others.
- Coordinate assigned RFP application activities, including planning, writing, document gathering, internal and external communications and final submissions.
- Supervise final production, ensuring relevant attachments are included; oversee mailing and/or electronic submission of assigned proposals.
- Prepare impact reports through data assessment, use of awarded funds and outcome measures.
- Utilize grant management system (Common Ground) to update proposal and report activities, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related field preferred, with exceptionally strong writing and organizational skills
- Writing experience with a demonstrable record of accomplishment in writing awarded proposals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other standard office programs.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of application processes and funding streams and cycles.
- Ability to learn content issues quickly and as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented office.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Self-driven and eager to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare, breast cancer issues a plus.
To apply please e-mail your resume to email@example.com