Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
for Foundation and Corporate Grants
On sale thru Dec 22nd
The GWNP online learning is individual and self-paced. The course begins on the next business day after purchase. The first assignment will be sent to the student by e-mail on the next business day following the purchase of the course. Students will be assigned an online instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of grant industry experience and online instructor experience. Course materials and assignments will be provided one section at a time. The assignments in one section must be completed before proceeding to the next section. Students may ask questions and correspond with the online instructor by e-mail.
This online course covers the basics of researching grant opportunities, preparing a proposal and Letter of Inquiry (LOI), as well as preparing budgets for Foundation and Corporate Grants for project/program support. (Click here if you are seeking a more in-depth course.)
This course is appropriate for staff, board members, and volunteers at charitable organizations such as 501c3 Nonprofits Organizations and Private Educational Institutions.
Purchase of this course includes an annual individual membership in American Grant Writers' Association.
Most students spend 36 hours to complete the 7 assignments in this course, however students have 90 days to complete all of the course assignments. If a student needs additional time for any reason, a 90 day extension is available for $100, within one year from the purchase date of the online course on the Markeplace page.
Students who successfully complete all of the online assignments will receive a competency based Certificate of Completion by mail.
Section 1: Researching Opportunities: Unsolicited and Solicited Opportunities for Foundation and Corporate Grants
Section 2: Proposal Writing; Approaches; Preparing sections of the Proposal
Section 3: Proposal Writing: Preparing the Proposal (continued)
Section 4: Proposal Writing: Writing the Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Section 5: Budgeting: Annual Organization Budget
Section 6: Budgeting: Annual Program Budget
Section 7: Budgeting: Annual Program Budget (continued)
Price: The price is $499.00 per person. On sale for $299.00 thru 12/22/2017
Group Price: No group price is available.
- If paying by credit or debit card, you may purchase this course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form please enter the student's name, mailing address and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit or debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be sent. If making an online purchase for more than 1 student, please enter the additional names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, PO Box 3546, Winter Haven FL 33885.. Also, Please send the Registration Form to AGWA by fax or e-mail and let us know that you will be mailing a check.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please fax your Purchase Order and Registration Form to 863-229-5246 or e-mail them to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Students will be registered upon receipt of the purchase order.
- The First Step is to Update your Email's Contact List, Safe List, and Allow List with AGWA's e-mail domain @AmericanGrantWriters.org
- On the next business day after receipt of your order (by credit card, check, or purchase order) the student will receive 2 e-mails:
If the student has not received both of these e-mails by the end of the next business day after purchase, then please contact AGWA Customer Service at CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
- Welcome E-mail with the Members Only Login password, and
- Online Instructor will send the student an e-mail with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations" online course.
Computer and E-mail:
No prior grant researching, grant writing, or budgeting experience is required for this course.
Students will need a computer with any operating system with internet access. Software needed is MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Students will also need a working e-mail account that has been updated to accept e-mails from this domain: @AmericanGrantWriters.org
Certificate of Completion:
Students who complete all of the assignments and the course evaluation will be mailed a Certificate of Completion within 10 business days after completion of each online course. This certificate is competency based.
Current members who purchase the course will have one year added to his/her current membership.
As an IACET Approved Provider, AGWA offers CEUs. Students may purchase an IACET CEU Certificate to document 36 contact hours which is 3.6 CEUs. Students must complete all of the course assignments to earn the CEU Certificate. Purchase must be made prior to turning in the first course assignment. The CEU Certificate will be mailed to the student within 10 business days after completing the course assignments.
Before you make your purchase:
Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Prospective students, or current students, with questions about registration, course content or materials, or technical support may contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
If your company is seeking training funds you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not provide scholarships.