Job posted Feb 13, 2013
Position: Grants Administrator/Writer
Supervisor: Director of Development
THE OPPORTUNITYInterfaith Community Services is a regionally acclaimed, $10 million per year nonprofit organization providing access to food and basic needs, social services, transitional housing, employment services, at-risk youth programs, senior programs, Veterans services, and addiction recovery in North San Diego County.
We currently have an opening for a full time Grants Administrator/Writer. Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Development Team and Executive Team, the Grants Administrator/Writer will have the opportunity to empower vital services to struggling individuals and families in North County by helping to secure funding from foundations, corporations, government agencies, and other grant-making organizations to support the mission of Interfaith Community Services.
This opportunity will appeal to candidates with a desire to work within an extraordinary and independent nonprofit organization committed to providing a comprehensive continuum of care services in a culturally rich and ethnically diverse region.
DESCRIPTIONQualified candidates should possess superb writing skills as well as excellent computer and database management skills. The candidate must be highly organized, with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, be able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities, comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to identify and align funding opportunities with complex programs.
JOB DUTIES· Generates revenue for Interfaith programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant proposals.
· Coordinates all prospective and pending grant applications and reports throughout the organization.
· Researches and identifies new funding opportunities to support Interfaith’s program and services.
· Works with the Executive Team and program managers to provide training for and coordination of grant applications from various departments.
· Works with accounting department and program staff to develop budgets for each proposal; supports directors and program managers in contract compliance.
· Maintains impeccable file records and works with directors and managers to fulfill grant reporting requirements to foundations, agencies, and other funders.
· Engages with program officers at funding organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals and serves as a liaison to funding organizations as needed.
· Assists Development Team with other fundraising projects as requested by the Director of Development.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
POSTING PERIOD: February 12, 2013 - until filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience plus benefits
SUBMIT RESUME, COVER LETTER AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND SALARY HISTORY to email@example.com
Interfaith Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Interfaith implements comprehensive programs to provide basic needs, social services, counseling, and economic development to empower the disadvantaged in our community. We offer benefits of 2 weeks of vacation a year, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, medical through Kaiser Permanente, dental through First Dental, 401k, FSA, voluntary life and vision.
This is an exempt position for purposes of FLSA and applicable Federal and State overtime laws.