Grant Writing for Nonprofits
This 16-hour grant writing workshop takes place over 3 days. The workshop covers the basics of researching grant opportunities, writing a Letter of Inqiry for program support, and preparing the Program Budget to be awarded a Foundation Grant or Corporate Grant. Students will have the opportunity to actually design a program, write a letter, create a budget, and peer review letters written by class members. Capital support is beyond the scope of this workshop.
This course is appropriate for staff, board members, and volunteers at charitable organizations with a 501c3 exempt letter from IRS. Other interested persons may also attend.
Certificate of Completion. Students who attend the entire workshop and successfully complete all of the workshop assignments will receive a competency-based Certificate of Completion. Note that full workshop attendance is required to receive the certificate of completion.
Purchase of this workshop includes an annual individual membership in American Grant Writers' Association.
Instructors: The workshop will be taught by instructors who are Certified Grant Writers® with at least 10 years of grant writing experience and classroom teaching experience.
Course Materials will be provided upon arrival in the meeting room.
Section 1: Researching Unsolicited and Solicited Opportunities for Foundation and Corporate Grants
Section 2: Networking with Foundation Staff
Section 3: Writing the Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Section 4: Professional Ethics
Section 5: Preparing the Budget and Budget Narrative
Day 1: 12 Noon - 5 PM
Day 2: 8:00 AM - 5 PM with one hour break for lunch on your own
Day 3: 8:00 AM - 12 Noon
Coffee breaks will be provided in the morning and afternoon.
Pre-requisites: No prior grant writing experience or budgeting experience is required.
Bring to the Workshop:
- Be familir with preparation of documents using Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowlege of spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel, and
- Be familiar with accepted use of grammar, punctuation and rerences (link to APAstyle.org for the APA Style Workbook)
- A Laptop Computer with these features:
- Installed Microsoft Word and Excel software so you can open documents and spreadsheets during the workshop
- Installed Adobe Reader software so you can open documents during the workshop
- A working (enabled)) USB port so you can save documents to the USB drive during the workshop
- A sweater or jacket because meeting rooms often feel chilly
- Comfortable shoes for walking to area restaurants
Price: The price is $499.00 per person. Registration will open February 8, 2018 at the sale price of $399.00 per person.
Group Price: No group price is available for this worshop.
You will select the date/location where you want to attend this workshop when you register.
- If paying by credit or debit card, you may purchase this course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form please enter the student's name, mailing address and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit or debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be sent. If making an online purchase for more than 1 student, please enter the additional names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, PO Box 3546, Winter Haven FL 33885.. Also, Please send the Registration Form to AGWA by fax or e-mail and let us know that you will be mailing a check.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please e-mail your Purchase Order and Registration Form to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Students will be registered upon receipt of the purchase order.
- The First Step is to Update your Email's Contact List, Safe List, and Allow List with AGWA's e-mail domain @AmericanGrantWriters.org
- On the next business day after receipt of your order (by credit card, check, or purchase order) the student will receive 2 e-mails:
If the student has not received both of these e-mails by the end of the next business day after purchase, then please contact AGWA Customer Service at CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
- Welcome E-mail with the Members Only Login password, and
- Confirmation E-mail to attend the workshop in the selected location.
Current members who purchase this workshop will have one year added to his/her current membership.
As an IACET Approved Provider, AGWA offers CEUs. Students may purchase an IACET CEU Certificate to document 16 contact hours which is 1.6 CEUs. Students must complete all of the course assignments and have full attendance at the workshop to earn the CEU Certificate. Purchase must be made prior to the beginning of the workshop.. The CEU Certificate will be mailed to the student within 10 business days after the workshop.
Before you make your purchase:
Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Prospective students with questions about registration may contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
If your company is seeking training funds you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not provide scholarships or discounts.