This online course is appropriate for grantseeing staff from Nonprofit Organizations, Educational Institutions, Native Tribes, Healthcare Organizations, and Government Agencies.
This course teaches students the in-depth principles of preparing an Evaluation Plan enabling proposals and applications to be more competitive.
Research grants and construction grants are outside the scope of the course content.
Online learning is individual and self-paced. Students are assigned an instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of experience and 5 years of teaching experience. The instructor will e-mail the student course materials and assignments one section at a time. The student will need to complete assignments in one section before proceeding to the next section. Students may e-mail the instructor when s/he has a question about the course material or assignments.
Most students spend about 30 hours over 3-4 weeks to complete the 6 assignments.
The EPPG online course is competency-based. This means that assignments may need to be resubmitted several times to meet this standard. We strongly recommend students begin working on assignments shortly after purchasing the course.
Students have 90-days from the date of purchase to complete all of the online assignments. A 90-day extension is available (for any and all reasons) for $100 if a student needs additional time. The extension may be purchased up to one year after the purchase of the online course on the Marketplace page. Students may purchase a maximum of two 90-day extensions.
At the conclusion of the course, students are asked to submit a Course Evaluation.
- Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required.
- A working knowledge of Word and Excel are recommended
- Sucessful completion of one of the following oncline courses is recommended prior to enrollment in this course. Note that this is a recommendation, but not a requirement:
- Program Development and Proposal Writing
- Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
- Grant Writing for Government Grants
Hardware and Software:
- Students will need a computer with any operating system and will need to use the following Software: Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Phones do not meet this standard.
- Students will also need an e-mail account (other than a hotmail.com account) that has internet access.
- Students will need an e-mail account that will accept emails with 8 mg attachments.
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of all the course assignments and course evaluation the student will be sent a Certificate of Completion documenting 30 contact hours. Please note that a CEU certificate is no longer available.
Syllabus: The following topics will be covered:
- Section 1: Introduction and Terminology
- Section 2: Planning the Program Evaluation
- Section 3: Needs Assessment & Logic Model
- Section 4: Writing the Evaluation Plan
- Section 5: Putting it All Together
- Section 6: Ethical Issues in Evaluation Plans
Course Materials. All of the required course materials are provided by the online instructor as attachments (pdf or doc files) to an e-mail.
Price: The regular price is $499.00 US per person. On sale thru 8/08/2019 for $449.00
Group Price: No group price is available for this online course.
Why should I select AGWA to be my Course Provider? click
- When paying online at the regular or sale price by credit or debit card you may purchase the Planning Evaluations for Project Grants Online Course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right-hand side of this page.
- In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the student's name, mailing address, and e-mail.
- In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit / debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be forwarded.
- If placing an order for more than 1 student, then enter the additional student's names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- Note that only credit cards from a U.S. bank can be used for online purchases.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form (upper right of this page) to AGWA, PO Box 3546, Winter Haven FL 33885. The check must be drawn on a U.S. bank. The student will begin the course once the check and registration form are received.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please click here for the Online Course Invoice. Print the invoice, then mail the check and registration form to AGWA. The check must be drawn on a U.S. bank. The student will be registered for the course once the check and registration form are received.
If the student has not received this e-mail by the end of the next business day after purchase, then please contact Customer Service by e-mail. AGWA will explain how to set up your e-mail account.
- First Step: Update your E-mail's Contact List, Safe List, and Allow List with AGWA's email domain: @AmericanGrantWriters.org. Your e-mail account must be set up to accept emails with 8 mg attachments. Students cannot use a phone for the online course.
- On the next business day after purchase, the student will receive an E-mail from the Online Instructor with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Program Development and Proposal Writing" online course
Before Making your Purchase: Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Add a one-year Membership to your online course: Click here for the Membership page to add an Individual or Business Membership to your online course.
- If a prospective student has questions about registration or technical support please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
- If a student has a question about an assignment or course materrial, then e-mail the assigned online instructor.'
The Evaluation Plans for Project Grants ® course is copyrighted by American Grant Writers' Association, Inc. All rights reserved.
Training Funds: If your company is seeking training funds, you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense.
Unfortunately, AGWA does not offer any course scholarships.