American Grant Writers' Association's Code of Ethics
The members of American Grant Writers' Association embrace these values for generating charitable support and administering grants:
- Members put philanthropic mission above personal gain.
- Members affirm, through personal giving, a commitment to philanthropy.
- Members improve their professional knowledge and skills so their performance will better serve others.
- Members practice their profession with the absolute obligation to safeguard the public trust.
- Members value privacy and freedom of choice.
- Members foster cultural diversity and pluralistic values, and treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Members avoid even the appearance of any criminal offense or professional misconduct.
- Members bring credit to the profession by their demeanor.
- Members act according to the highest standards and visions of the organization, and profession, and conscience.
- Members are aware of the codes of ethics of other professional organizations that serve philanthropy.