Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
for Foundation and Corporate Grants
This online course covers the basics of researching grant opportunities, preparing a proposal and Letter of Inquiry (LOI), as well as preparing budgets for Foundation and Corporate Grants for project/program support.
This course is appropriate for staff, board members, and volunteers at charitable 501c3 Nonprofits Organizations and Private Educational Institutions.
The GWNP online learning is individual and self-paced. The course begins on the next business day after purchase. The first assignment will be sent to the student by e-mail on the next business day following the purchase of the course. Students will be assigned an online instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of grant industry experience and online instructor experience. Course materials and assignments will be provided one section at a time. The assignments in one section must be completed before proceeding to the next section. Students may ask questions and correspond with the online instructor by e-mail.
Most students spend 30 hours to complete the 7 assignments in this course, however students have 90 days to complete all of the course assignments. If a student needs additional time, for any reason, a 90-day extension is available for $100 which may be purchased within one year from the purchase date of the online course on the Markeplace page. Students may purchase up to two 90-day extensions.
Section 1: Researching Opportunities: Grant Opportunities from U.S. Foundations and Corporations
Section 2: Proposal Writing; Approaches; Preparing sections of the Proposal
Section 3: Proposal Writing: Preparing the Proposal (continued)
Section 4: Proposal Writing: Writing the Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Section 5: Budgeting: Annual Organization Budget
Section 6: Budgeting: Annual Program Budget
Section 7: Budgeting: Annual Program Budget (continued)
Price: The price is $499.00 per person. On sale thru 10/25/2018 for $329.00 per person.
Group Price: No group price is available.
Add a Membership. Click here to add an Individual Membership or Business Membership.
Why should I select AGWA to be my Online Course Proider? click
- If paying by credit or debit card, you may purchase this course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form please enter the student's name, mailing address and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit or debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be sent. If making an online purchase for more than 1 student, please enter the additional names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form. Note that credit cards must be from a U.S. bank.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to: AGWA, PO Box 3546, Winter Haven FL 33885. Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then click here for the Online Couse Invoice. Generate your check and mail the check and Registration form to AGWA. Note that checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank. Students will be registered when the check and registrtion form are received
If the student has not received this e-mail by the end of the next business day after purchase, then please contact AGWA Customer Service at CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
- The First Step is to Update your Email's Contact List, Safe List, and Allow List with AGWA's e-mail domain @AmericanGrantWriters.org. Be certain that the email account can accept 8 mg attachments.
- On the next business day after receipt of your order (by credit card, check, or purchase order) the student will receive an e-mail with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations" online course.
Computer and E-mail Required:
No prior grant researching, grant writing, or budgeting experience is required for this course.
- Students will need a computer with any operating system with internet access. Phones do not meet this standard.
- Software needed is MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader.
- Students will also need a working e-mail account that has been updated to accept e-mails with 8 mg attachments from this domain: @AmericanGrantWriters.org
Certificate of Completion:
Students who complete all of the assignments and the course evaluation will be sent a Certificate of Completion documenting contact hours.
Before you make your purchase:
Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Prospective students, or current students, with questions about registration, course content or materials, or technical support may contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
If your company is seeking training funds you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not provide scholarships.