This online course is appropriate for research organization staff and grant writing staff working in the Sponsored Research Office at a University.
This course teaches the finer points of preparing the Application Package for a Research Grant from a Federal Agency. Students will learn the skills to research grant opportunities by preparing the R&R Cover Sheet, Research Project Narrative, R&R Budget Form, Budget Narrative, and attachments.
The online learning is individual and self-paced. Students may begin on any day of the year.
Students are assigned an instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of experience preparing R&R Research Applications such as NSF, NIH, CDC, and Energy. The instructor will e-mail the student course materials and assignments one section at a time. The student will need to complete assignments in one section before proceeding to the next section. The course is divided into 4 sections.
Students have 90 days from the date of purchase to complete all of the assignments. Most students spend about 30 hours to complete the 4 assignments. A 90-day extension is available for $100 if a student needs additional time. The extention may be purchased up to one year after the purchase of the online course. At the conclusion of the course, students are asked to submit a Course Evaluation.
Prerequisites: A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required. A strong math aptitude (Algebra I) is recommended to successfully complete the R&R Budget exercises.
Hardware and Software: Students will need a computer with any operating system and will need to use the following Software: Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Students will also need an e-mail address and internet access.
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of all the course assignments and course evaluations the student will be e-mailed a Certificate of Completion.
Membership in AGWA is not included. Click here if you want to add a membership to your purchase.
Syllabus: The following topics will be covered:
- Section 1: Identifying Research Grant Opportunities and Grant Terminology
- Section 2: Preparing the R&R Cover Sheet and Regulations for Federal Awards
- Section 3: Preparing the Research Project Narrative
- Section 4: Attachments and Professional Standards and Ethics
- Section 5: Preparing the R&R Budget and Budget Narrative
Course Materials. All of the required course materials are provided by the online instructor as attachments to an e-mail.
Price: The regular price $499.00 U.S. per person. On sale for $399.00 US per person through 6/20/2019
Group Price: No group price is available for this online course.
- When paying online at the regular or sale price by credit or debit card you may purchase the PARG Online Course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page.
- In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the student's name, mailing address, and e-mail.
- In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit / debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be forwarded.
- If placing an order for more than 1 student, then enter the addtional student's names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to AGWA, PO Box 3546, Winter Haven FL 33885. Note that the check must be drawn on a U.S. or Bank.
- AGWA does not accept purchase orders for online courses.
On the next business day after receipt of your online order, purchase order, or check the student will receive by e-mail:
- An E-mail from the Online Instructor with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Program Development and Proposal Writing" online course
- If the student has not received both of these e-mails within 2 business days after purchase, then please contact AGWA by email at email@example.com
CEUs: AGWA does not offer CEUs.
Before Making your Purchase: Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
- If a prospective student has questions about registration or technical support please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
- If a current student has questions please the online instructor by email or AGWA by email.
Training Funds: If your company is seeking training funds, you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the county boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense.