This online course is appropriate for researchers, research organization staff, and staff working in the Sponsored Research Office at a University.
This course teaches students the finer points of preparing the Application Package for a Federal Research Grant. Students will learn the skills to research grant opportunities and prepare the R&R Cover Sheet, Research Project Narrative, R&R Budget Form, Budget Narrative, and all attachments.
The online learning is individual and self-paced. Students may begin on any day of the year. Students are assigned an instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of experience preparing R&R Research Applications for NSF, NIH, CDC, and Energy. The instructor will e-mail the student course materials and assignments one section at a time. The student will need to complete assignments in one section before proceeding to the next section. The course is divided into 4 sections.
Students have 90 days from the date of purchase to complete assignments. Most students spend about 30 hours to complete the 4 assignments. A 90-day extension is available for $100 if a student needs additional time. The extention may be purchased up to one year after the purchase of the online course. At the conclusion of the course, students are asked to submit a Course Evaluation.
Prerequisites: A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required. A strong math aptitude (Algebra I) is recommended to successfully complete the R&R Budget exercises.
Hardware and Software: Students will need a computer with any operating system and will need to use the following Software: Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Students will also need an e-mail address and internet access.
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of all the course assignments and course evaluations the student will be mailed a Certificate of Completion within 10 business days.
Membership: An annual Individual Membership in AGWA is included with the online course. Current members who purchase this package will have one year added to his/her current membership.
Syllabus: The following topics will be covered:
- Section 1: Identifying Research Grant Opportunities and Grant Terminology
- Section 2: Preparing the R&R Cover Sheet and Regulations for Federal Awards
- Section 3: Preparing the Research Project Narrative
- Section 4: Attachments and Professional Standards and Ethics
- Section 5: Preparing the R&R Budget and Budget Narrative
Course Materials. All of the required course materials are provided by the online instructor as attachments to an e-mail.
Price: The regular price $399.00 per person. Registration will begin in Winter 2017.
Group Price: No group price is available for this online course.
- When paying online at the regular or sale price by credit or debit card you may purchase the PARG Online Course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the student's name, mailing address, and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit / debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be forwarded. If placing an order for more than 1 student, then enter the addtional student's names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to AGWA, 13801 Walsingham Rd A-410, Largo FL 33774.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please fax your Purchase Order and Registration Form to 727-240-0637 or e-mail it to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Students will be registered for the PDPW Online Course upon receipt of the Purchase Order.
On the next business day after receipt of your online order, purchase order, or check the student will receive by e-mail:
If the student has not received both of these e-mails within 2 business days after purchase, then please contact Customer Servie.
- A Welcome E-mail from AGWA Member Services with a Members Only Login password
- An E-mail from the Online Instructor with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Program Development and Proposal Writing" online course
CEUs: As an IACET Approved Provider, AGWA offers CEUs. The student must purchase the CEU Certificate prior to turning the first assignment into the instructor. All assignments must be completed to earn 3.0 CEUs for this online course documenting 30 contact hours.
Before Making your Purchase: Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Support: If a prospective student, or current student, has questions about registration, course materials, or technical support please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
Training Funds: If your company is seeking training funds, you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense.