Enrollment in this course is open to everyone, however, a Grant Consulant will be more successful if he/she has the following:
- minimum of 3-5 years of job experience preparing letters, proposals, and applications for Foundation, Corporate, and Government Grants,
- Business Membership with American Grant Writers Association,
- earned the Certified Grant Writer® professional credential.
During the online course, the learning is individual and self-paced.
The course may be purchased on any day. The course begins on the day of purchase and students have 90 days to complete assignments, although most students complete in 3-4 weeks.
Students will be assigned an online instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® and has 10 years of experience as a Grant Consultant and online instructor4. The instructor will send course materials and assignments to the student by e-mail and the student will send completed assignments to the instructor by e-mail.
Course topics include:
- Legal Requirements to do Business,
- Best Practices for Grant Consultants,
- Marketing your grant consulting business,
- Selecting services to provide,
- Price setting,
- Preparing the Letter of Agreement (contract),
- Managing your clients,
- Self-Employment: Is it for you?
The course includes a template of a Letter of Agreement (contract) prepared by a Florida Attorney and several spreadsheets for use in the grant consulting business.
Students need a computer with any operating system, internet access, an e-mail address as well as Word, Excel, and Adobe reader software.
Upon successful completion of the course assignments and submission of the course evaluation the student will be mailed a Certificate of Completion.
Registration fee is $249 per person. If needed, a 90-day extension to complete assignments is available for $100.
Prior to registering, please read our web pages "Refunds and Rescheduling", "Professional Standards and Ethics", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases".
Students, or prospective students, with questions about registration, course materials, or technical support may contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.