This course is appropriate for staff at government agencies, nonprofit organizations, public schools, private educational institutions, and for-profit business entities.
The online learning is individual and self-paced which means the student can work as quickly or slowly as fits his/her learning style. The online instructor has at least 10 years of grant managements job experience and 5 years of online instructor experience.
The course begins on the next business day after purchase. The first assignment will be sent to the student by e-mail on the next business day after purchase of the course. Course materials and assignments will be provided one section at a time. The assignments in one section must be completed before proceeding to the next section. Students may ask questions and correspond with the online instructor by e-mail.
Most students spend 30 hours to complete the 3 assignments in this course, however students have 90 days to complete all of the course assignments. If a student needs additional time, for any reason, a 90-day extension is available for $100 which may be purchased within one year from the purchase date of the online course on the Markeplace page. Students may purchase up two 90-day extensions.
- Section 1: Introduction to Grant Management; Responsibilities of Grant Manager, Internal Controls, Consequences of Non-compliance, Monitoring Plan, and Grant Management Terminology
- Section 2: Regulations for Federal Awards with guidelines on cost principles, compensation, program income, insurance, profit, cost sharing, equipment, supplies, procurement, performance measurement, and audits
- Section 3: Program Evaluation, Final Report, Professional Ethics, and close-out.
Price: The price is $699.00 per person. On sale thru 4/26/2018 for $499.00 per person.
Group Price: No group price is available.
Add a Membership. Click here to add an Individual Membership or Business Membership.
Why should I select AGWA to be my Online Course Proider? click
Student's E-mail Account:
- Students may use any e-mail provider (except Hotmail.com)
- Note that the student's e-mail account must be capable of accepting 8mg attachments
- Student's should update the "Allow" feature so that e-mail from *@AmericanGrantWriters.org will arrive in the INBOX.
- Students must use a computer, not a phone, for student assignments.
- If paying by credit or debit card, you may purchase this course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form please enter the student's name, mailing address and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit or debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be sent. If making an online purchase for more than 1 student, please enter the additional names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please email your Purchase Order to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Students will be registered upon receipt of the purchase order.
- The First Step is to Update your Email's Safe List, and Allow List with AGWA's e-mail domain @AmericanGrantWriters.org. Be certain that the email account can accept 8 mg attachments.
- On the next business day after receipt of your order (by credit card, check, or purchase order) the student will receive an e-mail
If the student has not received this e-mail by the end of the next business day after purchase, then please contact AGWA Customer Service at CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org
- Online Instructor will send the student an e-mail with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Grant Management" online course.
Computer and E-mail Requirements:
- Basic skills using Word and Excel are required.
- Basic accounting skills are beneficial, but not required.
- Students will need a computer with any operating system with internet access. Phones do not meet this standard.
- Software needed is MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader.
- Students will also need a working e-mail account that has been updated to accept e-mails with 8 mg attachments from this domain: @AmericanGrantWriters.org
Certificate of Completion:
Students who complete all of the assignments and the course evaluation will be mailed a Certificate of Completion documenting contact hours.
Before you make your purchase:
Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Prospective students, or current students, with questions about registration, course content or materials, or technical support may contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
If your company is seeking training funds you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense. Unfortunately, AGWA does not provide scholarships.