Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
During the GWNP Workshop participants learn to prepare competitive letters and proposals for Foundation and Corporate project grants. Workshop participants customize the Project Design of a sample project, create a Logic Model, write a Goal and Objectives, learn how to Research grant opportunities, learn how to include Statitics in the Problem Statement, prepare an Evaluation Plan, write a Letter of Inquiry, and then prepare a Project Budget and Budget Narrative. The emphasis will be program support and general operating support.
Purchase of this workshop includes an annual Individaul Membership to American Grant Writers' Association.
Who should attend?
This workshop is appropriate for staff, volunteers, or board members from charitable nonprofit organizations, private schools and universities that have a 501(c)3 exempt letter from the IRS.
- No previous grant writing or budgeting experience is required
- Understanding written and verbal English is required
- Skills using Microsoft Word and Excel are required to complete the workshop assignments
- The minimum age to attend is 21
- Day One: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Day Two: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Day Two: 8:00 AM - 12 Noon
Certificate of Completion:
- Charitable Nonprofit Organizations, Program Design, and the Logic Model
- Researching solicited and unsolicited Foundation and Corporate Grant Opportunities for program support and general operating support
- Proposal Writing: Statistics for the Problem Statment
- Proposal Writing: Program Description Section including goals and objectives
- Proposal Writing: Evaluation Plan including outcomes and impact
- Proposal Writing: Executive Summary, Attachments, and Letter of Inquiry
- Professional Ethics
- Budgets: Organization Budget and Program Budget using Excel
- Budget Narrative
Workshop participants who attend the entire workshop and complete all workshop assignments will be mailed a Certficate of Completion documenting 15 contact hours.
American Grant Writers' Association is an Accredited Provider by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). For an additional $25.00 fee a CEU Certicate documenting 1.5 CEUs may be purchased. To earn the CEUs, the participant must attend the entire workshop and complete all workshop assignments.
What to bring to the workshop:
- We recommend a sweater or light jacket because meeting rooms often feel chilly
- Comfortable walking shoes to enjoy walking to restaurants in the evening
- A laptop computer that has
- an enabled (working) USB port,
- installed Microsoft Word software to prepare the Writing Assignments (Note that a printer will be provided in the meeting room.)
- and installed Excel Software for the Budget Assigments.
Course materials (notebook) will be provided upon arrival in the meeting room.
- Breaks will be provided, but meals will be on your own
- Attire is business casual
- Workshop participants are required to abide by the Meeting Guidesline while attending.
- Travel arrangements including hotel accommodations are not included in the purchase price.
Price: $ 499.00 per person Sale price $399.00 per person thru 9/22/2017
Group Discount: No group discount is available for this workshop.
Current Members: Current members who purchase this workshop will have one year added to his/her current membership.
- To purchase online by credit/debit card, click on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the Student's Name, mailing address, and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Oder Form, enter the information of the credit/debit card holder and the e-mail address where the confirmation should be sent.
- If making an online purchase for more than one student, then entr the additional student's names, address, and e-mail in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- To purchase by check, please make the check and Registration Form (click here). Students will be registered as soon as payment is received.
- If your organization requires an invoice, then please fax your Purchase Order and Registration Form (click here) to 863-229-5246.. Students will be registered for the workshop when the purchase order is received. An invoice cannot be prepared without a purchase order.
Workshop Confirmation: On the next business day after purchase, the workshop participant will receive a "Welcome E-mail" and a workshop confirmation.
Cancellation Policy (click) :
- From date of purchase until 2 weeks prior to the first date of the workshop -- the workshop may be cancelled by written e-mail notice for a 90% refund.
- No refund is available if the workshop is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the first day of the workshop.
- No refund is available if the participants does not attend the workshop, or departs the workshop early.