This online course is appropriate for staff from Nonprofit Organizations, Educational Institutions, Native Tribes, Healthcare Organizations, and Government Agencies.
This course teaches students the finer points of grant writing, enabling proposals and applications to be more competitive. Students will develop a program, practice pre-writing exercises, write sections of a proposal and letter of inquiry, and prepare budgets for Foundation Grants and Federal Non-Construction Grants. The emphasis is on program support, program development support, and operating grants. Research grants and construction grants are mentioned, but not discussed in depth.
Online learning is individual and self-paced. Students may begin at any time. Students are assigned an instructor who is a Certified Grant Writer® with at least 10 years of experience. The instructor will e-mail the student course materials and assignments one section at a time. The student will need to complete assignments in one section before proceeding to the next section. The course is divided into 6 sections.
Students have 90 days from the date of purchase to complete assignments. Most students spend about 40 hours to complete the 5 assignments. A 90-day extension is available for $100 if a student needs additional time. The extention may be purchased up to one year after the purchase of the online course. At the conclusion of the course, students are asked to submit a Course Evaluation.
Prerequisites: A Bachelor's Degree is strongly recommended, but not required. A strong math aptitude (Algebra I) is recommended to successfully complete the budget exercises.
Hardware and Software: Students will need a computer with any operating system and will need to use the following Software: Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader. Students will also need an e-mail address and internet access.
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of all the course assignments and course evaluations the student will be mailed a Certificate of Completion within 10 business days.
Membership: An annual Individual Membership in AGWA is included with the online course. Current members who purchase this package will have one year added to his/her current membership.
Syllabus: The following topics will be covered in the 5 sections of the online course:
- Grant Teams and the Development-Advancement Office
- Nonprofit Organizations - Exempt status and Charitable Status
- Standards of Charitable Accountability
- Program development using a Logic Model
- Understanding a Foundation's 990 PF
- Evaluating Foundation RFPs and Government NOFAs
- Researching statistics to document the Problem Statement
- Writing goals and measurable objectives and outcomes
- Planning Program Evaluations
- Writing Letters of Inquiry, Proposals and Applications for Foundations and Corporations
- Writing Government Grant applications
- Professional Standards and Ethics
- Planning Budgets for Foundation and Federal Grants
Course Materials. All of the required course materials are provided by the online instructor.
Price: The regular price $899.00 per person. On sale until Nov 24th for $649.00 Member Rate.
Group Price: No group price is available for this online course.
- Current Members may purchase this course online at the Member Rate. To purchase, please login to Members Only using your Member Password. Page down and click on "Online Courses at Member Rates".
- When paying online by credit or debit card you may purchase the Program Development and Proposal Writing Online Course by clicking on "add to cart" on the right hand side of this page. In the "Ship To" section of the Order Form, please enter the student's name, mailing address, and e-mail. In the "Bill To" section of the Order Form, enter the information of the credit / debit card holder and the e-mail address where the order confirmation should be forwarded. If placing an order for more than 1 student, then enter the addtional student's names, mailing addresses, and e-mails in the "Remarks" section of the Order Form.
- If paying by personal check or business check, please mail the check and Registration Form to AGWA, PO Box 8481, Seminole FL 33775.
- If your organization requires an Invoice from AGWA, then please fax your Purchase Order and Registration Form to 727-596-5192 or e-mail it to CustomerService@AmericanGrantWriters.org. Students will be registered for the PDPW Online Course upon receipt of the Purchase Order.
On the next business day after receipt of your online order, purchase order, or check the student will receive by e-mail:
If the student has not received both of these e-mails within 2 business days after purchase, then please contact Customer Servie.
- A Welcome E-mail from AGWA Member Services with a Members Only Login password
- An E-mail from the Online Instructor with Section 1 Course Materials and Assignments for the "Program Development and Proposal Writing" online course
CEUs: As an IACET Approved Provider, AGWA offers CEUs. The student must purchase the CEU Certificate prior to turning the first assignment into the instructor. All assignments must be completed to earn 4.0 CEUs for this online course documenting 40 contact hours.
Before Making your Purchase: Please refer to our web pages "Refund and Rescheduling Policies", "Professional Ethics and Standards", and "Debit/Credit Card Purchases" before making your purchase.
Upgrading: Students who want to later upgrade to take the Certified Grant Writer® Review Course and Examination in a group setting may purchase the Upgrade. The price is currently $400.00 per person. To purchase the upgrade, visit our "Marketplace" page.
Support: If a prospective student, or current student, has questions about registration, course materials, or technical support please contact AGWA's Customer Service by phone or e-mail.
Training Funds: If your company is seeking training funds, you might want to contact the Workforce Development Board in your County. Some of the boards offer training funds to employers to reimburse up to 50% of training registration expense.